Tuesday 6 April 2021

BON VOYAGE

Just as in birth, she's always a stride a head of me, except that this time we are strolling in the city of the busy Accra road and then towards River road. This trek could be our last as she leaves for Canada in a fortnight. That very moment reminded me of the early days in my campus years when I was still new in the streets of Nairobi and I had her to take me around the city. From the cheapest food joints in town to the bus station and to my destination back home. She smiled a bit and then reminds to be careful with my phone lest in be snatched 
Before I forged my own path I became a student of my elder siz backfrom the high school days nobody believed in me more than her. At one time in my lowest moments she suggested a book "The Purpose Driven" by Rick Warren. As she never got tired of reminding me that we're all born for a purpose. The book which has been so beneficial to date.
In my high school final year, determined to help me succeed, she hired a tutor from within the school who would couch me from time to time after the regular classes and this was the beginning of my turning point as far as academics was concerned. I begun to feel the urge to do more and read by myself, read more literature which has been of tremendous benefit to me. 

As I reported to campus, she taught me how to cope up with the busy Nairobi life and I adapted so quickly despite being a first timer. 
There is one thing I noted, she was ever in a hurry be it going for shopping, church or leaving for work and most importantly she had an easy and better ways of doing things. 
She cooks well though I don't remember her taking any chef course but she is thorough in the kitchen. 
As you soldier on dear Siz, I don't know if you remember but this was always your dream and by that I have something to believe in. So dreams do come true after all. Cheers

 

 @Vinceville


No comments:

Post a Comment