Tuesday 8 June 2021

LAST MOMENT

And then I saw hands not one but two on different occasions to my left shoulder slightly above me. A hand big enough asking to help me get off the ground.

And I saw all the lives have lived passing through my eyes like a fleeting shadow. From where it all begun, all the good times and the bad ones. I saw people weep, I saw my mum achingly mourn, how tears have bathed her face. As if in a revelation that's yet to come and still I see it happening night in front of my eyes. 

I saw everything I had built crumble into pieces, every bond I once thought to be unbreakable, I saw them break piece by piece. All the beliefs have taken every word of it disintegrate. 

And I saw my casket lowered to the grave and my eyes opened big enough to see artists finding their way among the crowd to paint. As everyone bids me goodbye, others throw flowers and still others are restrained from entering the grave with me, the artists draws and draws. The painting was titled "The last moment."

When my eyes finally closed, I rose to my immortality, not because have lived without blemish but because of God's wondrous Mercies.

And a light stroke my path, so bright and so fierce. 

 

 @Vinceville


No comments:

Post a Comment