Saturday 11 November 2017

Not guilty

The kind of approach was stunning yet intimidating, the officer whose physique and body posture tells it all about an anti- terror police unit was definitely in charge. Without saying I have to admit his admiration went beyond measure.
It all started when a friend set me up. He had just come to my hotel room with police in pursuit.
"Don't move, hands in the air, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."
 I was in a perfect hiding spot and my conscience was as clear as a day during this whole time. The only worry that lingered my mind was how I was gonna bail him out. That was before he pointed a finger towards my direction, it was before the police swiftly went for my nape and held me tight to the ground. 
Still I was confident, as a criminologist with all the interrogation techniques at fingertips and I knew it was all going to be okay. 'My innocence would redeem me.' I kept reminding myself even as the officer scrolled down my whats app calls and chats. Privacy became a non issue throughout this whole process. For I knew of the undoubted not guilty would carry the day and I would be freed. 
On that morning I woke up feeling so disappointed why it had to be a dream. 

 

 @Vinceville

No comments:

Post a Comment