Tuesday 19 December 2017

You Can do it

This year made a tremendous impact on my life. It has been one of the best. If I were to count good years or if it were to be the last then it would definitely be the best have ever lived. I landed a job unexpectedly as 2016 Christmas approached and have been into it till now. My sincere gratitude to those who helped me climb the ladder this far and fast is unending. 

For years I saw myself as a failure, some have called me weak and stupid person who can't excel in anything, one who can't take up a challenge and succeed. Naturally, I stepped out of their way and chose my own quiet path to avoid criticism and shame. I chose a course (Criminology) through my Dad's guidance and pursued it immediately after high school.


Upon graduation, am counting as having worked with the best employer in the country and this was a great stepping stone to my career path. The same year, I am glad and proud to be a part of a team in a reputable company and one of the best in the city. Having worked for a year, I keep soldiering on.

However sad my past looks, however painful, it doesn't matter because I am no longer there. Back then I would have opted for a year of solitude just to get away from people and things that hurt me.

My experience might just be like a drop of water in an ocean. I know there are millions who passed through worst times and made it through. Still, there are those who feel like they wont make it as they have tried severally without success. They probably feel there's no way out for them. 

Despite what you are going through, I have just 1 word for you. This is not the end, It is just a beginning. A time to spot your potential and use it to the maximum, it's a time to face whatever comes your way with courage and a time to keep going despite the mistakes and confusion. 

How did I do it? I simply chose a quiet path and trusted it. All through my Mum kept praying and my Dad kept telling me that there's nothing you can't do, son.



"Often when you succeed you don't realize, until you hear whispers from your critics"  
 
 
@Vinceville

No comments:

Post a Comment