Wednesday 22 January 2020

In The Moonlight

It's 1818hrs, am seated on a log. A piece of paper upon a piece of paper laid on another log slightly elevated than the one my butt rests on.
My pen dances between my chubby fingers, bleeding to death under my watch but am heartless as I keep adding words after words.. Draining the ink till nothing is left.
The pieces of paper complain over my undoing. All these fall on deaf ears as am determined to scribble a forced tatoo onto each and everyone of them. 

It is windy and outside I got only a candle as my light and the moonlight as my inspiration. Looking up and down like a gecko, I spot the weary candle that keeps fighting unseen powers of the wind.. Not to mention a losing battle as it melts to its demise and no salvation seems nigh.

In the moonlight I see everything.
I see the life I would have had were it not for my idiotic pride and each time I wonder how such life would have been 
I see a twilight, a hope and ultimate absolution all spontaneously and conclude by whispering.. This is the life I want, this is the life I have. 
And still gladly staring, lost in thoughts. The moon disappears and reappears almost immediately 
In the moonlight I listen to the best of country music and smooth jazz more than am able to comprehend.
The depth of friendship and bonding here feels so alive and real. My nerves are a living testimony.

With my face glued to the this found friend, the sky is now crystal clear, stress free and watching just the two of us in this non-verbal communication. Spectacular to say the least.
In the moonlight all lives are saved, the power wind puts off the ever complaining candle, my bleeding pen is saved from all distress and the paper pieces disappears with the wind to undisclosed location.

In the moonlight a friend was found.     

 

 @Vinceville

No comments:

Post a Comment