Sunday 4 February 2018

What Am I Leaving behind?

At a certain point in my life when I was so sick and felt weakness all over my body. In the middle of that night if I were to die, I would have died so miserable and empty, I thought. I barely slept and with the morning I challenged myself of what am leaving behind.

What have I done in my entire life? Of what use have I made my time meaningful? Questions like such came across my desperate mind. I had no wife nor kid, my career didn't feel like anything tangible and it was just like a passing snow that with time it dissipates and still I couldn't comprehend for I knew I wasn't free. I knew one or two things had to be changed no matter how long and far it goes.


That was then, before I started buying suits, pens and T. Shirts, before I bought a wrist watch, before I set a morning alarm, before I moved into a new house and settle quietly.

They say circumstances maketh a man and it's through tough times that responsibility chooses us without an option of vice versa.

Don't wait to be in similar situation so as to realize your potential and to choose your destiny. Yours is already here, build it wisely and please leave a good thing behind.

 

 @Vinceville

No comments:

Post a Comment