Tuesday 6 December 2016

Self-Report

Criminologists do investigation reports just as accountants give auditing reports. These has been a trend wherever. All these characters most often report to their superiors on daily, weekly or monthly basis. Some even yearly. At places of work we too in one way or the another got something to report about. Whether its through performance or just as normal routine. The question is at what time do you get to report to yourself?

Frankly speaking, let us not talk about what not only has to be done but also what is a fact. Let’s take an example of a vehicle for that matter, about how often we need to refuel or service it? For obvious reasons of course. Why wouldn’t we try the same for our performance sake? So that as we make our daily work reports, we analyze ourselves too and give reports of the same. Why wouldn’t we carry out our own appraisal? Why wouldn’t we give out self audit reports?

Just as I put it out in my previous post about This time. I decided to make weekly self reports about my strengths within the last seven days and below is how I do it:
What are my expectations?
How noble are these expectations?
Are they achievable?


Then I give it a whirl, throughout the coming seven days. At the end of the seven days I write the report as follows:
Did I achieve my objective?
If not where did I fail?
How can I improve on it? So on and so forth


We all need that time to re-energise, that time to feel whole again after a busy week. Just as I find it helpful, I hope this piece help someone out there too.

 

@Vinceville

No comments:

Post a Comment